Front Page Forums Ideas Discussion Forum A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ruth Frasur
    Keymaster

Hello all,

I’ve begun the process of incorporating this forum into the website. We’ve talked previously about how this should function. I do have some ideas, but I’d like your feedback here. Specifically, we need to discuss how to manage feedback from individuals not on the committee. Following some feedback from you all, and as I learn more about the functionality myself, we’ll establish some guidelines and go from there.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Ruth Frasur.
    Benjamin Kalish
    Participant

I’m of the opinion that anyone who takes the trouble to create an account should be welcome to take part fully in discussions here. Of course this is with the understanding that discussion is not the same is voting, which is something formal that happens outside of the forum. Do we need more guidelines than that? I’m curious what you have in mind.

Benjamin Kalish
    Participant

Also, I can’t help but wonder if it is redundant to have discussion both on the ideas page and here in the forum. I understand that not ever forum topic is a development idea (this post is a perfect example) but I worry that a lot of discussion will be split between the two venues if it is allowed at both.

Ruth Frasur
    Keymaster

This is something that was talked about during the ECDI meetings. I’ll also be unstickying (yep, I just made that word up) this post soon. There is some redundancy…or could be. The general consensus is that this where the initial spitballing for an idea should happen as well as any messy conversation. It could include already established LP tickets, but doesn’t necessarily. Once there seems to a level of consensus or we’re moving into a voting phase, this would be the place to provide some seed/background information to populate the ideas boards. Of course, this has worked backwards at this point, with the ideas board initially seeding the forum.

This will allow anyone with a site account to participate with the forum. Then, the ideas board gets more locked down with only voting members able to submit ideas/vote for priorities.

It’s also conceivable, and something I noticed as I was inputting the ideas as topics, that some could be merged back into the ideas page with multiple topics representing one idea…or one possible project (there are a number of related ideas/topics that could be My Account enhancement, search enhanced, etc.).

So, going forward, will be forum-spitball-begin-requirements > forum-discussion + idea-vote/add_heat > forum-discussion/idea-vote/add_heat + LP-ticket/requirements-to-community

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.